Lawrence Student-Athlete Advisory Committee Mission Statement
The Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) of Lawrence University exists to strengthen the relationship between Lawrence athletes and the university administration, promote Lawrence athletics within the campus and Appleton communities, and enhance the total student-athlete experience.
What is the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee?
The Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) is a committee made up of student-athletes assembled to provide insight on the student-athlete experience. The SAAC also offers input on the rules, regulations and policies that affect student-athletes’ lives on NCAA member institution campuses.
What is the purpose of SAAC?
- Generating a student-athlete voice within the department
- Soliciting student-athlete response to NCAA legislation
- Suggesting potential NCAA legislation
- Organizing community efforts
- Creating a vehicle for student-athlete representation on campus wide committees
(i.e. Student Government)
Previous and Future Projects and Events
- Fall Term Flip-Flop Weekend and Tailgate
- Event run by SAAC to enhance support of Conservatory of Music events by student-athletes as well as athletic events by Conservatory students.
- LUnie Nation Day
- Spirit day on campus to support Lawrence athletics.
- Richmond School Volunteers
- Student-athletes volunteer at Richmond Elementary School during lunch and recess to interact and entertain with young children.
- Best Seats In the House Raffle
- The winner of this raffle receives a gift card as well as sitting courtside on a comfortable couch during the women’s and men’s basketball games.
- Winter Carnival Pep Rally
- Pep rally during Winter Carnival to bring excitement and enthusiasm towards Lawrence athletics.
- Special Olympics Track and Field Day
- Day planned between Special Olympics and SAAC to enrich the bond between Lawrence athletics and the community through events and games on the track.
- Boys and Girls Club Sports Clinics
- Sports clinics run weekly by different athletic teams at Appleton’s Boys & Girls Club to enhance Lawrence athletics within the community.
- Spring Field Day
- Event to celebrate and enjoy the link between the Lawrence community and athletics through fun-filled games such as whiffle ball, 3-on-3 basketball, Ultimate Frisbee, volleyball, and tennis.
- Dodgeball Tournament
- Winter Term Flip-Flop Weekend
- Admitted Student Days Wellness Center Party
More on SAAC...
In 1995, NCAA passed legislation that mandated SAACs on all campuses
In Division III there are SAACs on three levels
Read more about the Student-Athlete Advisory Committees on the NCAA Web site.