ORLANDO, Fla. -- The Lawrence University men's tennis team rolled to an 8-1 nonconference victory over Elmhurst College on Wednesday.
The Vikings started the day by sweeping the three doubles matches and went on to take five of the six singles matches.
The No. 1 doubles team of David Jumes and Bill Schuman-Kline won 8-3, and the Vikings switched up the Nos. 2 and 3 teams. Connor Maloney and David Brooker won 8-3 at No. 2 and Cade Francour and Aidan Delgado won 8-2.
In singles play, Jumes won at No. 1, Schuman-Kline won at No. 2, Maloney was a winner at No. 3, Francour won at No. 4 and Delgado was a winner at No. 5.
Lawrence University 8, Elmhurst College 1
1. David Jumes (LU) def. Endicott, Kyle (ELMHURST) 6-1, 6-4
2. Bill Schuman-Kline (LU) def. Fulmer, Brandon (ELMHURST) 6-0, 7-5
3. Connor Maloney (LU) def. Lindquist, Jackson (ELMHURST) 6-1, 6-4
4. Cade Francour (LU) def. Osburn, Kevin (ELMHURST) 6-3, 1-6, 1-0 (10-7)
5. Aidan Delgado (LU) def. O'Connell, Grant (ELMHURST) 6-1, 6-0
6. Wilson, David (ELMHURST) def. Izaya Turenne (LU) 3-6, 7-5, 1-0 (11-9)
1. David Jumes/Bill Schuman-Kline (LU) def. Endicott, Kyle/Lindquist, Jackson (ELMHURST) 8-3
2. Connor Maloney/David Brooker (LU) def. Fulmer, Brandon/Osburn, Kevin (ELMHURST) 8-5
3. Cade Francour/Aidan Delgado (LU) def. O'Connell, Grant/Wilson, David (ELMHURST) 8-2