MOUNT VERNON, Iowa -- The Cornell College men's tennis team topped Lawrence University 7-2 in a Midwest Conference match on Sunday.
Lawrence nearly took control of the match early when the Vikings took one doubles match and nearly grabbed a win in another.
The No. 3 doubles team of Aidan Delgado and Cade Francour posted an 8-6 victory over Cornell's Hiro Harada/Aditya Goyal. Lawrence's No. 2 team of Connor Maloney and David Brooker took Tucker Barnes and Nick Van Den Handel to a tiebreaker before falling 9-7.
Lawrence managed one win in singles as Brooker beat Van Den Handel 2-6, 6-4, 1-0 as Brooker took the supertiebreaker 10-8.
Cornell College 7, Lawrence University 2
1. Gabriel Souza (CC) def. David Jumes (LU) 6-2, 6-2
2. Hayden Dzurisin (CC) def. Bill Schuman-Kline (LU) 6-2, 6-2
3. Shoma Kishimoto (CC) def. Connor Maloney (LU) 6-2, 6-3
4. Aditya Goyal (CC) def. Aidan Delgado (LU) 6-0, 6-3
5. Tucker Barnes (CC) def. Cade Francour (LU) 6-3, 6-3
6. David Brooker (LU) def. Nick Van Den Handel (CC) 2-6, 6-4, 1-0 (10-8)