GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Connor Maloney's victory at No. 3 singles lifted the Lawrence University men's tennis team to a 5-4 Midwest Conference victory over St. Norbert College Wednesday night at Western Racquet Club.
Lawrence (10-8, 4-2 MWC) won four of the six singles matches to rally for the victory over the Green Knights (7-7, 2-4).
The Vikings got singles wins from the same pair as Jumes won in straight sets at No. 1 and Schuman-Kline did the same at No. 2. Lawrence's David Brooker also picked up a straight-sets win at No. 5.
Maloney delivered the clinching point with a 6-3, 6-4 victory over Brady Hicks at No. 3.
Lawrence has now won four straight and moved into sole possession of third place in the Midwest Conference.
Lawrence University 5, St. Norbert College 4
1. David Jumes (LU) def. Ben Vande Zande (SNC) 6-2, 6-2
2. Bill Schuman-Kline (LU) def. John Zanotti (SNC) 6-1, 6-3
3. Connor Maloney (LU) def. Brady Hicks (SNC) 6-3, 6-4
4. Alex Vandenberg (SNC) def. Cade Francour (LU) 6-3, 6-2
5. David Brooker (LU) def. Jordan Crump (SNC) 6-4, 6-4
6. Matt La Violette (SNC) def. Yang Zhao (LU) 6-1, 6-3