EAU CLAIRE, Wis. -- The Lawrence University men's tennis team swept the doubles matches Saturday and cruised to an 8-1 nonconference win over the University of Dubuque at the Eau Claire YMCA.
The Vikings won a tight match at No. 1 doubles with Bill Schuman-Kline and Connor Maloney posting a 9-7 victory. Aidan Delgado and Cade Francour picked up an 8-3 win at No. 2 doubles, and Jason Park and Evan Oriel were 8-2 winners at No. 3.
The Vikings also won at Nos. 2-6 singles with victories by Maloney, Delgado, Francour, Park and Oriel.
Lawrence University 8, University of Dubuque 1
1. Matthew Sablay (DBQ) def. Bill Schuman-Kline (LU) 2-6, 6-3, 1-0 (10-2)
2. Connor Maloney (LU) def. Juan Quiroga (DBQ) 6-3, 6-4
3. Aidan Delgado (LU) def. Ranfer Hernandez (DBQ) 7-5, 6-1
4. Cade Francour (LU) def. Zebulon Hill (DBQ) 6-0, 6-0
5. Jason Park (LU) def. Ozzy Schiessl (DBQ) 6-2, 6-0
6. Evan Oriel (LU) def. Bogdan Ganea (DBQ) 6-1, 6-1
1. Bill Schuman-Kline/Connor Maloney (LU) def. Juan Quiroga/Ranfer Hernandez (DBQ) 9-7
2. Aidan Delgado/Cade Francour (LU) def. Matthew Sablay/Zebulon Hill (DBQ) 8-3
3. Jason Park/Evan Oriel (LU) def. Ozzy Schiessl/Bogdan Ganea (DBQ) 8-2