OSHKOSH, Wis. -- The Lawrence University men's tennis team romped to a 9-0 nonconference win over Marian University at the YMCA Tennis Center.
The Vikings lost just three games total in the doubles matches and swept through the six singles matches by dropping just 11 games.
Andrea Arivella led the Lawrence singles contingent by posting a 6-0, 6-0 victory at No. 5. Oriel lost just one game en route to a 6-1, 6-0 victory at No. 3. Connor Maloney (No. 1), Cade Francour (No. 2), Matt Chan (No. 4) and Yang Zhao (No. 6) were also singles winners for the Vikings.
Lawrence improved to 6-6 on the season and has now posted 12 consecutive shutout wins over Marian, which fell to 0-5.
Lawrence University 9, Marian University 0
1. Connor Maloney (LU) def. Roe, Danny (MU) 6-0, 6-1
2. Cade Francour (LU) def. MacDonald, Lawson (MU) 6-2, 6-1
3. Evan Oriel (LU) def. Ruis, Brandon (MU) 6-1, 6-0
4. Matt Chan (LU) def. Biffert, Ryan (MU) 6-1, 6-1
5. Andrea Arivella (LU) def. Stanczyk, Zach (MU) 6-0, 6-0
6. Yang Zhao (LU) def. Paulson, Coy (MU) 6-3, 6-1
1. Bill Schuman-Kline/Connor Maloney (LU) def. Roe, Danny/MacDonald, Lawson (MU) 8-2
2. Aidan Delgado/Cade Francour (LU) def. Ruis, Brandon/Biffert, Ryan (MU) 8-1
3. Jason Park/Evan Oriel (LU) def. Stanczyk, Zach/Paulson, Coy (MU) 8-0