APPLETON, Wis. -- The Lawrence University men's tennis team won five of six singles matches Wednesday en route to a 7-2 Midwest Conference victory over St. Norbert College at Fox Cities Racquet Club.
Lawrence (8-7, 2-1 MWC) won five matches in straight sets as Bill Schuman-Kline (No. 1), Connor Maloney (No. 2), Cade Francour (No. 4), Evan Oriel (No. 5) and Matt Chan (No. 6) were all victorious. Francour's 6-2, 6-0 victory at No. 4 clinched the win over the Green Knights.
The Vikings got the match off to a good start by winning two of the three doubles matches. Schuman-Kline and Maloney were 8-4 winners at No. 1, and Francour and Aidan Delgado picked up an 8-3 victory at No. 2.
Lawrence improved to 8-7 overall and 2-1 in conference play. The Green Knights fell to 6-7 overall and 2-1 in the league.
Lawrence University 7, St. Norbert College 2
1. Bill Schuman-Kline (LU) def. Ben Vande Zande (SNC) 6-2, 6-0
2. Connor Maloney (LU) def. John Zanotti (SNC) 6-3, 6-1
3. Robert Quinlan (SNC) def. Aidan Delgado (LU) 6-4, 6-2
4. Cade Francour (LU) def. Jordan Crump (SNC) 6-2, 6-0
5. Evan Oriel (LU) def. Matt La Violette (SNC) 6-3, 6-3
6. Matt Chan (LU) def. Alex Vandenberg (SNC) 6-3, 7-6
1. Bill Schuman-Kline/Connor Maloney (LU) def. Robert Quinlan/Ben Vande Zande (SNC) 8-4
2. Aidan Delgado/Cade Francour (LU) def. Zach Simonet/John Zanotti (SNC) 8-3
3. Alex Vandenberg/Joe Oleniczak (SNC) def. Evan Oriel/Matt Chan (LU) 9-7