BLOOMINGTON, Ill. -- The Lawrence University men's tennis team swept the singles and swept the final five singles matches to post an 8-1 Midwest Conference victory over Illinois College on Saturday.
Leading the way for the Vikings (9-7, 3-1 MWC) were Cade Francour, Evan Oriel and Connor Maloney. Francour and Oriel both won 6-0, 6-0 at Nos. 4 and 5 singles, respectively, and Maloney was a 6-1, 6-0 winner at No. 2. Aidan Delgado was an easy winner at No. 3, and Matt Chan won a third-set super-tiebreaker to take the match at No. 6.
Bill Schuman-Kline and Maloney won 9-7 at No. 1 doubles with Delgado and Francour winning at No. 2 and Oriel and Chan taking the victory at No. 3.
Illinois College fell to 7-6 overall and 3-2 in the conference.
Lawrence University 8, Illinois College 1
1. Miguel Vaca (IC) def. Bill Schuman-Kline (LU) 7-5, 6-4
2. Connor Maloney (LU) def. Nazar Otunchiev (IC) 6-1, 6-0
3. Aidan Delgado (LU) def. Michael Connolly (IC) 6-2, 6-1
4. Cade Francour (LU) def. Cameron Doerr (IC) 6-0, 6-0
5. Evan Oriel (LU) def. Rolando Salazar (IC) 6-0, 6-0
6. Matt Chan (LU) def. Jacob McQueen (IC) 3-5, 7-6, 1-0 (10-8)
1. Bill Schuman-Kline/Connor Maloney (LU) def. Miguel Vaca/Michael Connolly (IC) 9-7
2. Aidan Delgado/Cade Francour (LU) def. Cameron Doerr/Rolando Salazar (IC) 8-2
3. Evan Oriel/Matt Chan (LU) def. Nazar Otunchiev/Jacob McQueen (IC) 8-3