RIPON, Wis. -- The Lawrence University men's tennis team capped the regular season with a dominating 9-0 Midwest Conference win at Ripon College on Sunday.
Lawrence got the day started with three easy wins in doubles. The No. 1 team of Bill Schuman-Kline and Connor Maloney and the No. 3 team of Evan Oriel and Matt Chan both won 8-0. The No. 2 team of Aidan Delgado and Cade Francour were 8-1 winners.
Lawrence swept through the singles matches with Maloney at No. 2 and Delgado at No. 3 both won 6-0, 6-0. Schuman-Kline at No. 1, Oriel at No. 5 and Chan at No. 6 all lost just one game in their matches. Francour completed the sweep with a straight-sets win at No. 4.
Lawrence, which improved to 12-8 overall and 6-2 in the conference, has now beaten Ripon 11 consecutive times in a streak dating back to 2008. Ripon falls to 1-14, 1-6 in the league.
Lawrence University 9, Ripon College 0
1. Bill Schuman-Kline (LU) def. Junmo Kwon (RC) 6-1, 6-0
2. Connor Maloney (LU) def. Marcus Austin (RC) 6-0, 6-0
3. Aidan Delgado (LU) def. Emilio Tijerino (RC) 6-0, 6-0
4. Cade Francour (LU) def. Adrian Granados (RC) 7-6, 6-2
5. Evan Oriel (LU) def. Daniel Garcia (RC) 6-0, 6-1
6. Matt Chan (LU) def. Chris Mooney (RC) 6-0, 6-1
1. Bill Schuman-Kline/Connor Maloney (LU) def. Marcus Austin/Emilio Tijerino (RC) 8-0
2. Aidan Delgado/Cade Francour (LU) def. Adrian Granados/Junmo Kwon (RC) 8-1
3. Evan Oriel/Matt Chan (LU) def. Daniel Garcia/Chris Mooney (RC) 8-0