ORLANDO, Fla. -- The Lawrence University men's tennis team dropped a 9-0 nonconference decision to St. Lawrence University on Monday.
The tighest matches of the day came at No. 1 doubles and No. 2 singles.
St. Lawrence's Nico Haet and Josh Marvald hung on for an 8-6 victory over Connor Maloney and Cade Francour in the top doubles flight. At No. 2 singles, Lawrence's Aidan Delgado won the opening set of Alec Roslin 6-2, but the Saints player rallied to win the second set 6-0 and then took the super tiebreaker 10-8.
Lawrence returns to action on Tuesday when it plays Calvin and Western New England.
St. Lawrence University 9, Lawrence University 0
1. Leo Romanetz (STL) def. Connor Maloney (LU) 7-6, 6-3
2. Alec Roslin (STL) def. Aidan Delgado (LU) 2-6, 6-0, 1-0 (10-8)
3. Spencer Whitmire (STL) def. Cade Francour (LU) 6-1, 6-2
4. Jordan Mamelak (STL) def. Evan Oriel (LU) 6-2, 6-3
5. Quinn Bermingham (STL) def. Matt Chan (LU) 6-3, 6-0
6. Cameron Pankau (STL) def. Cam Strawn (LU) 6-3, 6-3
1. Nico Haet/Josh Marvald (STL) def. Connor Maloney/Cade Francour (LU) 8-6
2. Quinn Bermingham/Arman Tavana (STL) def. Evan Oriel/Matt Chan (LU) 8-5
3. Jordan Mamelak/Cameron Pankau (STL) def. Andrea Arivella/Steven Zemaitis (LU) 8-3