DUBUQUE, Iowa -- The Lawrence University men's tennis team rolled to a 9-0 nonconference victory at the University of Dubuque on Saturday.
The Vikings swept the top two doubles matches and got a forfeit at No. 3. Lawrence won the top five singles matches and got a forfeit at No. 6.
Cade Francour was impressive for the Vikings at No. 2 singles as he posted a 6-0, 6-0 win over Devin Gerber. Evan Oriel was just as good at No. 3 as he beat Dubuque's Zach Norman 6-0, 6-1. Matt Chan was a winner for the Vikings at No. 4, and Cam Strawn posted a 6-1, 6-1 win for the Vikings at No. 6. Connor Maloney split the opening two sets at No. 1 before winning the super-tiebreaker 10-4. Sal Vargas got the forfeit at No. 6.
Maloney and Francour were 8-6 winners at No. 1 doubles, and Oriel and Chan won 8-3 at No. 2. Vargas and Strawn picked up the forfeit at No. 3.
Lawrence University 9, University of Dubuque 0
1. Connor Maloney (LU) def. Jose Mancilla (DBQ) 6-1, 1-6, 1-0 (10-4)
2. Cade Francour (LU) def. Devin Gerber (DBQ) 6-0, 6-0
3. Evan Oriel (LU) def. Zach Norman (DBQ) 6-0, 6-1
4. Matt Chan (LU) def. Brady McIntyre (DBQ) 6-1, 7-5
5. Cam Strawn (LU) def. Sincere Davis (DBQ) 6-1, 6-1
6. Sal Vargas (LU) def. No player (DBQ), by forfeit
1. Connor Maloney/Cade Francour (LU) def. Jose Mancilla/Devin Gerber (DBQ) 8-6
2. Evan Oriel/Matt Chan (LU) def. Zach Norman/Brady McIntyre (DBQ) 8-3
3. Cam Strawn/Sal Vargas (LU) def. No player/No player (DBQ), by forfeit