ORLANDO, Fla. -- Katie Nottberg's victory at No. 6 singles lifted the Lawrence University women's tennis team to a 5-4 nonconference victory Wednesday over Elmhurst College.
The match was tied 4-4 when Nottberg delivered a 6-4, 7-6 victory over Elmhust's Bridget Lopez. Lawrence also got singles wins from Alexis Shannon at No. 4 and El Goblirsch at No. 5.
Lawrence took a 2-1 lead after the doubles as the No. 2 team of Elana Lambert and Annie Harincar and the No. 3 team of Shannon and Nottberg both won. Both matches went to a tiebreaker and Lawrence won both tiebreakers by an identical 7-3 score.
Lawrence University 5, Elmhurst College 4
1. Kolman, Ava (ELMHURST) def. Katie Frankel (LU) 2-6, 6-1, 1-0 (12-10)
2. Gaudio, Chiara (ELMHURST) def. Elana Lambert (LU) 6-1, 6-0
3. Wheeler, Kathryn (ELMHURST) def. Annie Harincar (LU) 6-2, 6-1
4. Alexis Shannon (LU) def. Maglaque, Dacey (ELMHURST) 6-3, 7-5
5. El Goblirsch (LU) def. Simon, Meg (ELMHURST) 6-2, 6-3
6. Katie Nottberg (LU) def. Lopez, Bridget (ELMHURST) 6-4, 7-6 (7-5)
1. Kolman, Ava/Wheeler, Kathryn (ELMHURST) def. Katie Frankel/Lindsay Holsen (LU) 8-6
2. Elana Lambert/Annie Harincar (LU) def. Gaudio, Chiara/Maglaque, Dacey (ELMHURST) 9-8 (7-3)
3. Alexis Shannon/Katie Nottberg (LU) def. Simon, Meg/Lopez, Bridget (ELMHURST) 9-8 (7-3)