RIPON, Wis. -- The Lawrence University women's tennis team rolled to an 8-1 Midwest Conference win over Ripon College on Wednesday at the Larson Courts.
Lawrence ran its win streak over Ripon (2-2, 0-1 MWC) to 14 matches, a run that dates all the way back to the 2004 season.
Lawrence (1-4, 1-1) got the afternoon off to a good start by sweeping the three doubles matches. Lawrence rookie Lindsey Lucas picked up her first career victory as she teamed with Alexis Shannon for an 8-3 win at No. 3 doubles.
Another Lawrence rookie, Tillie Teske, earned her first collegiate victory and did it in impressive fashion. Teske defeated Genevive Hanna 6-1, 6-0 at No. 6 singles.
Lawrence's top four players swept their singles and doubles matches. Lindsay Holsen and Katie Nottberg won 8-2 at No. 1 doubles, and Holsen and Nottberg were winners at Nos. 1 and 3 singles, respectively. Annie Harincar and El Goblirsch won 8-6 at No. 2 doubles, and Harincar won at No. 2 singles and Goblirsch was a winner at No. 4.
Lawrence University 8, Ripon College 1
1. Lindsay Holsen (LU) def. Courtney Olson (RC) 6-1, 6-1
2. Annie Harincar (LU) def. Morgan Makar (RC) 6-3, 6-4
3. Katie Nottberg (LU) def. MacKenzie Warner (RC) 6-4, 6-1
4. El Goblirsch (LU) def. Rachel Hicks (RC) 6-1, 6-4
5. Carly Wesner (RC) def. Lindsey Lucas (LU) 6-2, 6-4
6. Tillie Teske (LU) def. Genevive Hanna (RC) 6-1, 6-0
1. Lindsay Holsen/Katie Nottberg (LU) def. Courtney Olson/Morgan Makar (RC) 8-2
2. Annie Harincar/El Goblirsch (LU) def. MacKenzie Warner/Rachel Hicks (RC) 8-6
3. Lindsey Lucas/Alexis Shannon (LU) def. Carly Wesner/Katelyn Peroutka (RC) 8-3