APPLETON, Wis. -- The Marian University women's tennis team won five of the six singles matches Thursday to rally for a 6-3 non-conference win over Lawrence University at the Lawrence Courts.
Lawrence (5-7), playing without No. 2 singles player Annie Harincar, jumped out to a 2-1 lead after the doubles. Lindsay Holsen and Katie Nottberg teamed up for an 8-3 victory at No. 1 doubles, and El Goblirsch and Tillie Teske picked up an 8-6 win at No. 3.
Holsen was the only Lawrence player to win in singles as she posted a 4-6, 6-3, 1-0 (10-2) victory at No. 1.
Marian University 6, Lawrence University 3
1. Lindsay Holsen (LU) def. Hartzell, Meg (MU) 4-6, 6-3, 1-0 (10-2)
2. Bruce, Kyrsten (MU) def. Katie Nottberg (LU) 6-2, 6-3
3. Meyers, Mackenzie (MU) def. El Goblirsch (LU) 6-0, 6-2
4. Lewandowski, Emma (MU) def. Lindsey Lucas (LU) 6-4, 6-3
5. Degeneffe, Celeste (MU) def. Tillie Teske (LU) 6-2, 6-0
6. Krahenbuhl, Andrea (MU) def. No player (LU), by default
1. Lindsay Holsen/Katie Nottberg (LU) def. Bruce, Kyrsten/Degeneffe, Celeste (MU) 8-3
2. Hartzell, Meg/Houle, Kristin (MU) def. Lindsey Lucas/Alexis Shannon (LU) 8-3
3. El Goblirsch/Tillie Teske (LU) def. Ostrowski, Alyssa/Counter, Erica (MU) 8-6