MONMOUTH, Ill. -- The Monmouth College women's tennis team won five singles matches Saturday to rally for a 6-3 Midwest Conference victory over Lawrence University.
Lawrence grabbed an early 2-1 lead by taking a pair of doubles matches. The No. 1 team of Annie Harincar and Katie Nottberg posted an 8-6 victory, and the No. 3 team of El Goblirsch and Morgan Fisher rolled to an 8-1 win.
Goblirsch was the only Lawrence player to pick up a singles win as she defeated Haley Johnston 6-4, 6-3 at No. 3.
Monmouth College 6, Lawrence University 3
1. Emma Johanns (MC) def. Annie Harincar (LU) 6-3, 6-2
2. McKenzie DeVilder (MC) def. Katie Nottberg (LU) 6-3, 6-3
3. El Goblirsch (LU) def. Haley Johnston (MC) 6-4, 6-3
4. Rachel Leifheit (MC) def. Alexis Shannon (LU) 6-0, 6-1
5. Natalie Curtis (MC) def. Morgan Fisher (LU) 6-2, 6-1
6. Lexi Tibbs (MC) def. Lindsey Lucas (LU) 6-2, 7-5
1. Annie Harincar/Katie Nottberg (LU) def. Emma Johanns/McKenzie DeVilder (MC) 8-6
2. Rachel Leifheit/Natalie Curtis (MC) def. Alexis Shannon/Lindsey Lucas (LU) 8-5
3. El Goblirsch/Morgan Fisher (LU) def. Haley Johnston/Lexi Tibbs (MC) 8-1