FOX CROSSING, Wis. -- The Lawrence University women's tennis team dropped a 8-3 nonconference decision to UW-Oshkosh at Valley Athletics.
Four Lawrence players earned their first career victories in the match.
Lawrence grabbed the early advantage as the Vikings won two of the three doubles matches. The No. 1 team of first-year players Margot Connor and Emma Koppa picked up an 8-4 victory, and the No. 3 team of Jacki Healy and Amelia Watson were 8-5 winners.
Healy picked up her first career singles victory as well as she defeated Evie Chitko at No. 6. They split the first two sets with Healy winning the first set 7-6 (8-5) before Chitko took the second 7-5. Healy then won the super-tiebreaker 10-8 to claim the match.
Oshkosh won at Nos. 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 singles to claim the overall victory.
UW-Oshkosh 6, Lawrence University 3
1. Alyssa Leffler (UWO) def. Margot Connor (LU) 7-6 (7-1), 6-2
2. Samantha Koppa (UWO) def. Lauren Aturaliya (LU) 6-1, 6-0
3. Michelle Spicer (UWO) def. Emma Koppa (LU) 3-6, 6-4, 1-0 (10-5)
4. Lesley Kutnink (UWO) def. Morgan Fisher (LU) 6-2, 6-2
5. Taylor Johnson (UWO) def. Amelia Watson (LU) 6-3, 6-0
6. Jacki Healy (LU) def. Evie Chitko (UWO) 7-6 (8-6), 5-7, 1-0 (10-8)
1. Margot Connor/Emma Koppa (LU) def. Alyssa Leffler/Michelle Spicer (UWO) 8-4
2. Samantha Koppa/Evie Chitko (UWO) def. Lauren Aturaliya/Morgan Fisher (LU) 8-1
3. Jacki Healy/Amelia Watson (LU) def. Taylor Johnson/Lesley Kutnink (UWO) 8-5